The products you know and trust have a new home
Added to basket
A brief history of Link Technologies
- Link Technologies Ltd, or commonly referred to as LINK, began operations in 1989 in laboratories within Glasgow University with an initial emphasis on providing DNA synthesis reagents. In 1992, the company expanded to occupy custom-equipped laboratories in Cumbernauld near Glasgow before moving to newly-built premises at the Strathclyde Business Park in central Scotland in 2000. In 2008, these facilities were upgraded to include kilo-scale laboratories.
- Initially, LINK operated primarily as a contract manufacturer with a number of key clients; however in 2001, LINK launched their first catalogue of manufactured reagents directly to customers. Since then, the catalogue has grown to hundreds of products, many of which are unique to the LINK brand and helped initiate lasting partnerships sourcing both custom and catalogue solutions, whilst our custom and contract business goes from strength to strength.
- LINK’s Bellshill Quality Management Systems (QMS) is ISO 9001:2015 certified. We offer a full range of analytical methods to support our products, and also operate a range of oligonucleotide synthesis instruments as part of product testing and development.
- In 2020, work began to double the manufacturing footprint at the Bellshill site, with new multi-kilo scale capability and purpose-built QC and QA areas. The additional facility is due to open later in 2021.
Link Technologies’ products merges with Biosearch Technologies, the comprehensive genomics portfolio from LGC
- LGC acquired LINK in 2017 to significantly broaden their NAC reagents offering, increase supply chain security, improve global logistics and expand customer service and technical support. This further strengthened the global support LGC, Biosearch Technologies could provide with a comprehensive NAC portfolio.
- Together, our Bellshill (LINK) and Dexter (Berry) sites combine to form an unrivalled co-located centre of excellence in the chemistry of nucleic acids.
The only supplier on the market supporting end-to-end nucleic acid synthesis
LGC, Biosearch Technologies is proud to offer a fully-supported oligo synthesis solution with its Nucleic Acid Chemistry product portfolio. We have brought together all the great products offered from well-known entities, such as Biosearch Technologies, LINK, Berry & Associates, Prime Synthesis and BioAutomation, to provide you with a convenient and single point of contact to meet all your oligo synthesis needs..