A brief history of the legacy Biosearch Technologies brand
- The roots of Biosearch Technologies can be traced back to 1979 when former President and CEO, Ron Cook, PhD founded “Biosearch, Inc.” to supply research tools to the nascent biotechnology industry. In the 1980s, Biosearch developed and manufactured automated, solid-phase DNA synthesizers, such as the SAM I. Most notably in 1982, Kary Mullis then at Cetus Corporation used a Biosearch SAM I DNA synthesizer to create oligos for use in his experiments, which eventually resulted in the discovery of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) that awarded him the Nobel Prize.
- Founded in 1993, Biosearch Technologies, Inc. was a leader in the design, development and manufacture of sophisticated oligonucleotide-based tools. It continued to pave the path for real-time and multiplex PCR with the release of Black Hole Quencher dyes in 2000, followed by the CAL Fluor, Pulsar™ and Quasar dyes in 2004. In 2005, Biosearch introduced RealTimeDesign software to design sequences for qPCR.
- From 2011 to 2013, Biosearch expanded its market in Europe by acquiring German CPG manufacturer VitraBio GmbH (VitraBio) and the oligonucleotide manufacturing division of the Danish company DNA Technology A/S (DNA Technology).
Biosearch Technologies rebranded as the unified portfolio for genomics analysis from LGC
- In 2018, LGC rebranded its genomics portfolio as Biosearch Technologies, a complete solution for genomics analysis providing integrated tools, instrumentation and services to accelerate sample preparation, amplification, cloning and expression, sequencing, oligonucleotides and nucleic acid chemistry (NAC).
- This banded together the top NAC providers of the industry: LINK, Berry & Associates, Prime Synthesis, BioAutomation and legacy Biosearch Technologies brand to yield the most comprehensive NAC offering that fully supports end-to-end oligo synthesis. Today, LGC, Biosearch Technologies continues to supply NAC reagents and instrumentation into a wide array of markets including agrigenomics, biotechnology, molecular diagnostics, therapeutics, pharma, academic and research institutions who have come to rely on the quality and reproducibility of our products.
The only supplier on the market supporting end-to-end nucleic acid synthesis
LGC, Biosearch Technologies is proud to offer a fully-supported oligo synthesis solution with its Nucleic Acid Chemistry product portfolio. We have brought together all the great products offered from well-known entities, such as Biosearch Technologies, LINK, Berry & Associates, Prime Synthesis and BioAutomation, to provide you with a convenient and single point of contact to meet all your oligo synthesis needs..