Key featuresShow Hide
- Remove unwanted single-stranded RNA from multiple sample types or reactions.
- Quick: Rapidly degrade single-stranded RNA with this highly effective endoribonuclease
- Robust: RNase A is a durable enzyme and resistant to many harsh treatments (e.g. boiling)
Size: 2 mL
Ribonuclease A (RNase A) is an endoribonuclease that cleaves single-stranded RNA at the 3´ end of pyrimidine residues, forming oligoribonucleotides having 3´-terminal pyrimidine-3´-phosphates. Pyrimidine-3´-monophosphates are also released by RNase A cleavage of adjacent pyrimidine nucleotides. Modified RNA containing pyrimidine-2´-fluoro-dNMPs, such as DuraScript® RNA made by in vitro transcription using the DuraScribe T7 & SP6 Transcription Kits is completely resistant to cleavage by RNase A.
- Removal of RNA from DNA preparations.
- Removal of unhybridised regions of RNA from DNA-RNA or RNA-RNA hybrids.
Composition and Concentration: Provided on the basis of weight at 5 mg/mL in Storage Buffer.
Storage Buffer: 50% glycerol containing 25 mM sodium acetate (pH 4.6).
Quality Control: RNase A is free of contaminating exo- and endodeoxyribonuclease activities.