CircLigase ssDNA Ligase
Product DetailsShow Hide
Each product includes CircLigase ssDNA Ligase, CircLigase 10X Reaction Buffer, 1 mM ATP, 50 mM MnCl2, CircLigase ssDNA Control Oligo, and sterile water.
CircLigase ssDNA Ligase
Key featuresShow Hide
- Intramolecular ligation of single-stranded DNA ends containing 5'-phosphates and 3'-hydroxyl groups
- ATP-dependent, catalytic enzyme
- Circularises ssDNA 30 bases long
- Compatible with high temperature ligation reactions due to thermostability of CircLigase enzyme
Cannot add to favourites
An option must be selected in order to add to favourites
CircLigase™ ssDNA Ligase* is a thermostable ATP-dependent ligase that catalyses intramolecular ligation (i.e. circularisation) of ssDNA templates having a 5´-phosphate and a 3´-hydroxyl group. In contrast to T4 DNA Ligase and Ampligase™ DNA Ligase, which ligate DNA ends that are annealed adjacent to each other on a complementary DNA sequence, CircLigase ssDNA Ligase ligates ends of ssDNA in the absence of a complementary sequence. The enzyme is therefore useful for making circular ssDNA molecules from linear ssDNA. Circular ssDNA molecules can be used as substrates for rolling-circle replication or rolling-circle transcription.
- Production of ssDNA templates for rolling-circle replication or rolling-circle transcription experiments.
- Production of ssDNA templates for RNA polymerase and RNA polymerase inhibitor assays.
Linear ssDNA of >30 bases is circularised by CircLigase enzyme. Under standard reaction conditions, virtually no linear concatemers or circular concatemers are produced. In addition to its activity on ssDNA, CircLigase enzyme also has activity in ligating a single-stranded nucleic acid having a 3´-hydroxyl ribonucleotide and a 5´-phosphorylated ribonucleotide or deoxyribonucleotide.
- Polidoros, A.N. et al. (2006) BioTechniques 41, 35.
- Shroff , H. et al. (2005) Nano Letters 5(7), 1509.
- Lin, C. et al. (2006) Angewandte Chemie 118, 7699.
- Korlach, J. et al. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105, 1176.
- McArthur, M. and Bibb, M.J. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105, 1020.
- Shroff , H. et al. (2008) Biophysical Journal 94, 2179.
- Kuhn, H. and Frank-Kamenetskii, M.D. (2008) Nucleic Acids Res. 36, e40.
- Murakami, T. et. al. (2008) Nucleic Acids Res. Doi:10.1093/nar/gkn1014
Unit Definition: One unit of CircLigase enzyme converts 1 pmol of a linear 5´-phosphorylated CircLigase Standard 55-mer Oligo into an exonuclease I-resistant circular form in 1 hour at 60 °C under standard assay conditions.
Storage Buffer: 50% glycerol containing 50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5), 100 mM NaCl, 0.1 mM EDTA, 1 mM DTT, and 0.1% Triton ® X-100.
10X Reaction Buffer: 0.5 M MOPS (pH 7.5), 0.1 M KCl, 50 mM MgCl2, and 10 mM DTT. The Reaction Buffer does not contain
ATP or MnCl2 which must be added to the reaction at final concentrations of 0.05 mM ATP and 2.5 mM MnCl2. A 2.5 mM solution of ATP and a 50 mM solution of MnCl2 are included.
Quality Control: CircLigase ssDNA Ligase is free of detectable phosphatase, DNA exo- and endonuclease, and RNase activities.