CopyControl Fosmid Library Production Kits
Product DetailsShow Hide
CCFOS110 produces up to 10 complete and unbiased fosmid libraries. Contents: CopyControl pCC1FOS Fosmid Vector, End-Repair Enzyme Mix, End-Repair 10X Buffer, dNTP Mix, Fast-Link DNA Ligase, Fast-Link 10X Ligation Buffer, ATP Solution, GELase Enzyme Preparation, GELase 50X Reaction Buffer, MaxPlax Lambda Packaging Extracts, Fosmid Control DNA, Ligated Lambda Control DNA, EPI300 Plating Strain, Control Lambda Plating Strain, CopyControl Fosmid Autoinduction Solution.
CCFOS059 produces up to 10 complete and unbiased fosmid libraries. Contents: CopyControl pCC2FOS Fosmid Vector, End-Repair Enzyme Mix, End-Repair 10X Buffer, dNTP Mix, Fast-Link DNA Ligase, Fast-Link 10X Ligation Buffer, ATP Solution, GELase Enzyme Preparation, GELase 50X Reaction Buffer, MaxPlax Lambda Packaging Extracts, Fosmid Control DNA, Ligated Lambda Control DNA, EPI300 Plating Strain, Control Lambda Plating Strain, CopyControl Fosmid Autoinduction Solution.
CopyControl Fosmid Library Production Kits
CopyControl Fosmid Library Production Kit
Key featuresShow Hide
- Efficient and improved systems for constructing libraries of approximately 40 kb clones in both standard or high-throughput screening versions.
- Prepare unbiased fosmid libraries with a complete kit, including GELase enzyme and MaxPlax Lambda Packaging Extracts
- Stabilise clones with copy number control
- Optimise high-throughput end-sequencing results with Copy Control HTP Fosmid Library Production Kit
The CopyControl™ Fosmid Library Production Kits* provide an efficient and improved method for constructing a library of approximately 40 kb clones. The CopyControl pCC1FOS™ Vector contains both the E. coli F-factor single-copy origin of replication and the inducible high-copy oriV (Figure. 1). CopyControl Fosmid clones are typically grown at single copy to ensure insert stability and successful cloning of encoded and expressed toxic protein and unstable DNA sequences. The CopyControl Fosmid clones can then be induced up to 50 copies per cell immediately before DNA purification. This step greatly increases DNA yields, while maintaining the stability of the plasmid.
- Preparation of complete and unbiased fosmid libraries, from any biological sample, that can be maintained at single-copy number and induced to high-copy number as needed, using the CopyControl Autoinduction Solution.
- Construction of metagenomic libraries from microbes present in environmental samples such as water and soil.
The CopyControl HTP Fosmid Library contains the pCC2FOS™ Vector which is designed to optimise end-sequencing results, especially in a high-throughput setting. The primer cassette, engineered in conjunction with Agencourt Bioscience Corporation, eliminates wasteful and expensive vector sequence reads by having the 3´ ends of the primer-annealing sites only three bases from the vector/insert junction. In addition, the seven-base sequence at the 3´ end of each primer was specifically designed to minimise mispriming to any contaminating E. coli DNA present after template purification (Figure. 2).
The kit uses a strategy of cloning blunt-ended DNA fragments generated by random shearing of the DNA, to produce more complete and unbiased genomic libraries than can be obtained by partial restriction endonuclease digests. Genomic DNA is first sheared into approximately 40-kb fragments. The sheared DNA is end-repaired to generate blunt, 5´-phosphorylated ends and then size-selected by and recovered from a low-melting-point agarose gel. Finally, the size-selected DNA is ligated into the cloning-ready CopyControl pCC1FOS or pCC2FOS Vector, packaged using ultra-high efficiency MaxPlax™ Lambda Packaging Extracts (>10 9 pfu/µg DNA), included in the kit, and plated on the supplied TransforMax™ EPI300™ E. coli (Fig. 3).
Figure 1. CopyControl Vector map. The CopyControl pCC1FOS and pCC2FOS Vectors for CopyControl Fosmid library production are supplied linearised at the Eco72 I (blunt) site and then dephosphorylated. The vector is ready for cloning end-repaired (blunt-end) genomic DNA of approximately 40 kb.
Figure 2. The CopyControl pCC2FOS Vector primer cassette. The vector differs from the pCC1FOS Vector by the engineering of a new primer cassette that eliminates wasteful vector-derived sequencing reads and minimizes the potential for priming on the E. coli genome.
- CopyControl pCC1FOS and pCC2FOS Vectors are supplied Cloning-Ready: linearised, dephosphorylated, purified, and ready for ligation.
- No need for partial restriction endonuclease digests or pulse field gel electrophoresis to prepare the genomic DNA for cloning.
- Maximise high-throughput end-sequence results using the pCC2FOS Vector (Figure. 4).
- Clones can be induced from single copy up to 50 copies per cell (Figure. 5). Safely obtain higher DNA yields while maintaining the stability of single-copy-number clones.
- High-efficiency lambda packaging eliminates background and false positives.
- "Hands-off" autoinduction protocol is perfect for high-throughput applications.
- Faster and easier than BAC cloning.
Figure 3 (click to enlarge). Overview of the process for preparing a fosmid library using the CopyControl Fosmid Library Production Kits. Once the library has been prepared, individual clones can be cultured in small volume and induced to multiple-copy number for high yields of high-purity DNA for fingerprinting, sequencing, etc., using Epicentre's DirectLysis Fosmid96 kit or FosmidMAX™ DNA Purification Kit.
Figure 4. Typical sequencing results obtained with the pCC2FOS Forward Primer on a pCC2FOS clone at 1/48x BigDye™ dilution. Similar results were obtained with the pCC2FOS Reverse Primer (data not shown).
Figure 5. CopyControl Fosmid clones can be induced up to 50 copies per cell to greatly increase DNA yield. Hind III digests of fosmid DNA isolated from uninduced (–) and induced (+) CopyControl clones. Digests contained one-third (8 µl) of the total sample volume and were analysed by agarose gel electrophoresis. Lane M, Kilobase ladder.
*Covered by issued and/or pending patents.
SDS CCFOS059 CopyControl HTP Fosmid Library Production Kit
SDS CCFOS110 CopyControl Fosmid Library Production Kit
CCFOS059 CopyControl HTP Fosmid Library Production Kit
CCFOS110 CopyControl Fosmid Library Production Kit
Manuals and user guides
CopyControl Fosmid library production kits
CopyControl Fosmid Autoinduction
CopyControl Induction Soln